Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pines


Last night I went to a family party to celebrate the birthdays of my brother and three of my nieces. At the party, my sister-in-law handed out hand-made Christmas cards with a beautiful picture of their family in the mountains (the Alpine Loop in Utah) and a link to their Christmas slide show online. After half a decade of marriage, I still haven't been able to plan far enough ahead to send out Christmas cards, and the guilt just got to me. Well, not really, but I suppose I felt guilty about not feeling guilty enough.

It did, however, cause me to reflect on how wonderful this past year has been for me and Kevin. We have a new house, we got out in the wilderness that we love, we started new jobs (or at least new positions at them), and we can celebrate five fantastic years of being together.

Enjoy these pictures of our favorite pines, the bristlecones. These trees on Cedar Mountain are probably buried in snow this time of year, but in my mind it's always late summer here.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me homesick... :) I sit here and miss the mountains a lot these days. I love the green of England and Ireland, but when I went back this summer, I remembered how much I miss the wide open prairies and the wild feeling of the mountains. I guess I'm North American after all. :-D