Thanks to the few of you who told me you were missing my blog. This month has been crazy. This week I'll make my fourth trip to Chicago for work in the last 9 weeks, for starters. I've got the Delta flight schedule memorized between O'Hare and Salt Lake International. I've also been without a decent bedroom for... what is it... three weeks now? Kevin and I have been painting, and today we're getting our floors sanded in both bedrooms. The pale blue carpet in the living room (new when we moved in) is going to have to stick around for a few more years. Even if it is "so eighties."
First, Chicago. Well, if you can imagine how fun it would be to sit next to multi-level marketers for three hours on a plane, then you can start to imagine how fun my last trip was. Combine that with flight delays, exorbitant printer's costs, some unusual client experiences, and 20 minutes of local network news taping me in airport security for their B-roll is what I had to look forward to. I seriously do not like to be taped on camera.
To cope with all the stress and clutter, I made it up Little Cottonwood Canyon Thursday night. The October moon was full and beautiful, and it lit up the snow-covered cliffs. I went all the way to Alta, but of course the road up to the Albion Basin parking lot was closed. I unrolled my windows and let that cold woody air in. I decided I have to get a cabin one day.
I'm in the mood to write today because tonight I'm going to one of my favorite events--the family pumpkin carving party. My brother and sister-in-law host it with their beautiful kids, and this year we'll be joined by my other brother's family and my sister's new baby. Halloween is so much more fun with kids around.
And last, but not least, tomorrow Kevin gets sworn in as an official attorney and member of the bar. I feel as proud as Bridget Jones. Congrats, Kev.
Monday, October 29, 2007
October Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so glad to see a new post! Sorry about all of your work travel. I too know the hassles of airport travel and it is not fun. I am excited to see photos of your new bedroom when it is ready! And congrats to Kevin for becoming a real attorney. Tomorrow is almost a bigger deal to me than graduation; it marks the TRUE end of this saga!
Yay, she's back! What's this about being on film for 20 minutes regarding the airport? I've missed this story somewhere... and Congrats to Kev as well! Woo hoo! I bet you're just about bursting. Got pictures? :)
Great to hear from you. We sure enjoyed having you last night. I'll get around to posting pics sometime today I hope.
Somehow I missed the comment about Kevin being sworn in (or did you not make it last night). That is great. Congrats. I hope you celebrate with a new roof and beautiful new floors!
Post a Comment