Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Road [That Was] Taken


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.

paulsharol said...

this looks like area of Rubys Inn just outside of Bryce Canyon my cousins great grand father started Rubys Inn Paul & Sharol

Alisa said...

It's close. They're Pondarosa Pines up the Cassidy Trail in Red Canyon, right outside of Panguitch.

T. McArthur said...

Beautiful area. I was near there almost a year ago.

Camping isn't my favorite thing, but we had a good time over a couple of days.

Shell said...

I love you Alisa

Alisa said...

Yea! The love. You know, I never understood why Frost called this "The Road Not Taken," because he talks about a road that *was* taken--by him. Did he mean the title to refer to the other road that was not taken by him? I guess we assume at large that it's the other road he's talking about: the road not taken by most of the people, but was taken by him. Anwyay, I would have titled it: The Road Taken. Solves that confusion.

Chelle said...

I miss the mountains-beautiful picture.

And I love Robert Frost.

Unknown said...

Maybe he wanted a bit of ambiguity in there so we could have thoughts just as these. And while I have always prided myself on taking the road less traveled, its not to say the the well worn path isn't worth a trip too.