Friday, January 16, 2009

Platinum Man

There are times in a marriage that are golden. And when a certain husband finds a certain favorite painting for his wife and gives it to her, without even really knowing how much she has admired it, you have one of those times.

Then he tells her he loves it because it reminds him of the beauty of the "divine feminine." It's not just gold, it's platinum.

7 comments:

Stina said...

Beautiful picture! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Lis, that is gorgeous, and perfect. I am SOO glad my little wish came true for you - I said I hoped something really nice would happen to you, and it did! yay!! And I'm glad the post was about this, because when I first saw the title without actually starting to read, I immediately thought of They Might be Giants and Particle Man, and so I was waiting to see what you were going to say about it. lol.

Jenny and Al said...

Wow, what a nice picture!! Is it by that painter in the coffee table book Mom gave you guys for Christmas?

DowdleFam said...

Its beautiful. Good Job Kevin! Happy Birthday

Alisa said...

Thanks everyone! Jenny-Yes, it's a James C. Christensen. I just really like this painting in particular.

paulsharol said...

nice pic happy birthday

Hillary said...

What a nice picture and a great husband for bing so in tune. We have had flu at our house so the wishes are comeing late, but Happy Birthday. I hope it was a great one.