Thanks, Heidi, but I'll have to pass on the thesis! It was just such a gorgeous morning in my backyard today. Blue-blue January sky (like it had never heard of an inversion). Funny enough, I had no idea Phoebe was in the snowball bush. I was out taking pictures for five or ten minutes before spotting her in her determined wild animal lair.
I love the words but especially the pictures. What a great mini photo essay!
You should have entered the Lehi photo contest I just judged. There were'nt very many entries and you would probably have won an award and $100 with these. I especially like the last two, and most especiallier the last one.
Bristlecone pines are thousands of years old, perched on cliffs in harsh, windy deserts. Gracefully declaring their permanent hold on the essentials, these pines stand witness to a multitude of natural experiences.
I stand here like the bristlecone, clinging to the edge of the cliff, an old soul witnessing the seasons of the earth.
6 comments:
I love it. :) The pictures and the poem. How do you come up with these things? You're amazing... can I hire you to write my thesis for me? *sigh*
Thanks, Heidi, but I'll have to pass on the thesis! It was just such a gorgeous morning in my backyard today. Blue-blue January sky (like it had never heard of an inversion). Funny enough, I had no idea Phoebe was in the snowball bush. I was out taking pictures for five or ten minutes before spotting her in her determined wild animal lair.
what a lovely sight and the poem sets the mood
And Phoebe thinks it's a good idea to hang out in a bush/tree on a cold winter day? She's crazy.
slush, sly, slick, slope, soft, supple, and superior
I love the words but especially the pictures. What a great mini photo essay!
You should have entered the Lehi photo contest I just judged. There were'nt very many entries and you would probably have won an award and $100 with these. I especially like the last two, and most especiallier the last one.
Post a Comment