Monday, February 25, 2008

Exponent II: My Guest Post on Authenticity

I have a guest post up at the group blog Exponent II on "The Work of Authenticity." This is a blog meant to honor the Exponent II publication started by great female LDS minds such as Laurel Thatcher Ulrich and Claudia Bushman (wife of Joseph Smith biographer Richard L. Bushman). I consider this post a follow-up to my earlier post on Existentialism and Absurdism. Check it out, if you like.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely like. Those are some profound realisations and conclusions that you're coming to, and I'm glad that they are working for you. :)

Stina said...

I loved reading your post. I would like to set aside some time when we could get together just the two of us and discuss and chat and hash things out -- I think that could be really beneficial to me (and hopefully to you too!). Let me know when you are free sometime to go to lunch or something. I would love to explore your thoughts on the topic of motherhood/work further.

Rachel said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts. While it can be scary to share our feelings on such emotional topics, I think it's important to express ourselves. If we don't, we all live in our own little world thought an understand of those around us.

Alisa said...

Thanks for your support, all of you. I have found posting in a more public forum to be a fun experience. It's making me think about what I really think! Hahaha. That just hasn't happened in awhile when I'm not just having this internal dialogue.

Shell said...

Alisa, i appreciated hearing your thoughts. I too would love to talk about it with you. You did a great job of expressing yourself.

Amy said...

Have you ever seen the Segullah blog? Segullah is a nonprofit magazine produced by LDS women. One of my good friends made it to editor last year, and she's thrilled. Anyway, they have a blog where people voice their opinions on either articles in the magazine, or whatever they want, but it's kept very literary and thought-provoking. You would be a great addition to their staff, or at least have another place to blog.

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa, I am so glad you linked me on Goodreads, like you I have had way too many internal dialogues of late. Exp has given me a place to share some things that weigh upon me, but that I have a harder time explaining to some of those closest to me. I really responded to what you posted and I will read your other post. You are helping me to think and voice thoughts, I thank you!

Alisa said...

Shell, I would love to talk to you! I'm sorry you've been sick with pneumonia! How awful w/ your basement thing.

Amy, I haven't heard of Segullah. I'm not really on the up-and-up with all the Mormon publications out there. Thanks for the suggestion.

D'Arcy, thanks for the comment! I've loved what you said on ExII, and it looks like you have a fascinating blog. Sounds to me like you're a wonderful teacher.