I love this lamp on my work desk. It's new. It was inexpensive. It's a red shade with pink, red, and yellow beads. It's fancy and feminine. It emits a soft, home-like glow. It makes me relaxed and happy while I work. When I got it, I showed it off to everyone who came to my desk and told them how happy it made me.
This lamp has been difficult for four days now. That is this entire week. It won't work. I've unscrewed and screwed the lightbulb probably over 100 times, this lightbulb that is two weeks old. I've checked its connection to my powerstrip. I keep flipping the switch off and on. Off and on. It won't work. I work in a dark cave. I am not happy.


7 comments:
Have you seen the Walt Disney cartoon Beauty and the Beast? Maybe this is like the magic rose was to Beast, where the health or operation of one object correlates to your own well being. Think about it... Blog ya later!
Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone...
I always had an incandescent lamp at work as well, b/c I hated the flourescent lights that the office had. Since your lamp was inexpensive, can you get another one to replace it?
But replacing it just isn't the same... do you know any electricians who owe you favours? :) I hope you are able to figure out how to fix it so the happy comes back. The sun has started to come out here. I start to understand why one of the major Celtic gods was Sol! lol.
I've only had this one two weeks. While it was cheap, not sure I can afford to keep up with that lifespan.
Bob, I think you're right. My poor soul.
the lamp is neat if it does not work take it back Aunt Sharol & Uncle Paul
Gavin might be able to fix it, for something delicious. Talk to him about it on Sunday.
(Don't you love how I volunteer Gavin to do stuff? It's great being married to someone who isn't affected by the Bolander handyman gene!)
Alisa,
Do you remember the tulip lamp I had when we were roommates? It had soft light and was colorful. It made me happy, too.
I have no idea what happened to it.
But, reading your post made me remember how wonderful it was and how much I miss it.
Thanks for the post.
I hope you get your lamp fixed :(
Post a Comment