Friday, May 02, 2008

Red Butte Garden Plant Sale

Every Christmas my father-in-law gives everyone in the family a membership to Red Butte Garden, and every spring we make it a tradition to go to the members-only plant sale. Kevin and I loved this opportunity to round out our flowerbeds and gardens with plants today at the sale.

Here are "the bummies" looking at a butterfly:

And me staring into the sun, holding my newly-discovered chocolate mint plant:


And at last, Kevin checking out with our cart:



My plants:

  • chocolate mint
  • oregano
  • rosemary
  • lamb's ear
  • firewitch
  • echinacea/coneflower (one feathery, one double)

Kevin's plants:

  • penstemons (several sorts)
  • apache plume
  • desert sage
  • bleeding heart
  • lily ("some red one")
  • desert four o' clock
  • "some mystery plants"

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow! I am impressed at how fast you got these pictures up. It was fun to see you there. I ended up with mostly vegetables,(tomatoes and peppers) but We also got a lambs ear. Where are you going to plant yours?

Alisa said...

Wow! I just published this post, so *I* am impressed with how fast *you* commented! :)

I'm going to plant my lamb's ear on the east side of the house with my new and existing mint plants. It gets lots of sun, and I bought it mostly just because it has a cool texture.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate mint? Wow! How did they get those two combined in a PLANT? That's really impressive! I'm sure I didn't read about it in the ASC...

Stina said...

Sounds fun! I'll always remember going to the farmer's market with you guys and Kevin picking out that cool plant. I also love the ones he got: "some red lily" and "mystery plants."

Anonymous said...

LOL. Thanks to Stina for pointing out those fun little descriptions! As Miss Cornelia would say in the last few "Anne" books... "So like a man." :-D But seriously, all cheek aside, I just want to say that I think it's way cool that you and Kev share this gardening passion, and that Kev has his own little corner of the garden, too! I mean, it's probably not little. You know what I mean. It's just a neat and kinda unusual thing to share... I guess I don't know that many men who like gardening, so I think it's cool!