Jenny linked to this fun (and totally obvious) Jane Austen quiz to see what heroine you're most like. I knew the answer before I took it. Even though Jane Austen claimed she was most like Emma (I know, I should cite the source for this), I have always related most to Elizabeth Bennet.
And I love this hilarious description. Let's not forget that Elizabeth Bennet often found herself on the outside, being quite unpopular:You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed.


6 comments:
Yes, I took that too! I tried to answer really honestly (even thought I wanted to be Elizabeth Bennett...what girl doesn't!) and I ended up being Marianne Dashwood....for my sense of adventure and being jilted by good looking men? I'm unsure. I guess it was better, my fear was Anne Elliott, although I love her, I wouldn't want to be her!
I love Marianne Dashwood! Perhaps it's because you've been making a goal to "live deliberately" in Thoreau's sense. I appreciate Marianne as the romantic, passionate heroine that she is. Just out there, in the pouring rain, whispering "Wiloughby."
Hi guys, I got Emma Woodhouse! I think that fits even if it says that I am a gossiping, meddling know-it-all. Hee hee!
I think Emma is great! And it fits, Dave totally being your Mr. Knightley, a long-time friend and confidant.
ooh, romantic and passionate heroine, the meddling know-it-all heroine (who I think has a wonderful heart!), the intelligent and witty heroine....we are on our way to having our own Jane Austen book club!
Yello! I'm back. :) I took that quiz once a while ago, too, I can't remember exactly what it said to me, but I believe I was the girl from "Persuasion." I don't know if that's good or bad... lol
Post a Comment