Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beyond the Horizon

As I sat at work today, not too happy about some things that are taking longer than I would like, this Bob Dylan song came on iTunes:

Beyond the horizon, behind the sun
At the end of the rainbow life has only begun
In the long hours of twilight 'neath the stardust above
Beyond the horizon it is easy to love

I'm touched with desire
What don't I do?
Through flame and through fire
I'll build my world around you

[...]

Beyond the horizon, the sky is so blue
I've got more than a lifetime to live lovin' you

The sliding steel guitar and dancing tempo of this song brought me back to Hawaii. Now there's a place I'd love to be right now, dancing to Bob Dylan on the beach.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Methinks that Hawaii will have to become a yearly holiday for you guys! :)

Unknown said...

I wish you the serenity of Hawaii my friend!!

Michael said...

Now I want to go to Hawaii, as well!!
Now that your hubby is bringing in the big bucks as well, he can afford to take you, right? And us as well!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, this post just made me think of a song, too! I don't know the one you mentioned in here, but the one I've suddenly remembered is "Somewhere beyond the sea." :)

Stina said...

That is what vacations are for! To bring us memories of peace and serenity in the midst of our crazy everyday lives.

BTW, this is the word verification:

sessese

Is that crazy or what?! It's like a type-twister (tongue-twister for typing).

paulsharol said...

Bob Dylan on the beach heavely