Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Cards

Nothing like coming home from a crazy day of work to forget about it all: forget about the stress, forget the students who come grasping for points at the end of the semester, forget the huge hole they dug to replace our sewer line, forget the fact I won't be getting Christmas cards out this year, forget that I haven't finished my shopping.

And instead I turn on the music, pour myself a glass of light eggnog, cuddle up with the kitty next to the tree, and read the Christmas cards from friends who were so good to think of us. It really makes my evening.

4 comments:

Stina said...

Great perspective! Let go of the stress!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Among the hustle and bustle of every day life it is nice to know there are a few comforts that can keep us grounded and relaxed. Egg nog is definitely one in my book.

Heidi said...

Eek. I'm sorry mine wasn't very read-worthy this year! I did about 30 of them all at the same time... But I'm glad you get a chance to relax!!

Four Winns said...

Hey, that was me! You just made my day :o)