While I was feeling particularly whiny on facebook today, my friend Deborah commented that recent events seem like a "Twilight Zone version of the 12 days of Christmas." Taking her inspiration, I've decided to catalogue some of the great December happenings for me and mine. Then, I'll ask that the solstice brings us something better in the near future.
For the record, I normally don't like the "Twelve Days of Christmas." It's too long and takes up valuable time when good songs could be heard. So let's just start at #12.
In the last 12 days of winter, December gave to me:Happy Holidays!
- Never enough chocolate
- Phoebe killed a robin
- Near-fainting at the dentist
- Cat barf on the carpet
- Mom’s got a flu bug
- Kevin’s got a cold
- Bats in my office
- Beta jumped the bowl
- Dad’s chemo on Christmas
- My first speeding ticket
- A backhoe-torn up yard
- And a mainline sewer redo!

8 comments:
Things can only get better, right? Sorry to hear of all the misfortunes. Let's get together soon!
I have been wondering about your dad lately. How is he? I meant to ask at your shower but never go the chance. Lunch soon?
Yikes! Hope things calm down for you soon!
Sorry to hear about the sewer line. It's the home repair I fear the most. Just think, you really can't have any home repair that will cost more.
Wow. I think it can only go up from here, right?
I don't like the 12 days of Christmas because no one ever sings (or does) the whole song at the right time anyway! Don't they know the 12 days of Christmas are AFTER Christmas? *grump*
looks like work hope it turned out ok
Nice riddle, I like it.
Yowsers! Hang in there.
Post a Comment