Today my little one is 12 weeks old. I can hardly belive how much time has gone by and how much he's grown during just three months. He's gained at least five pounds, if that tells you anything about how he's changed right before my eyes.
It's probably time I get around to calling him something on the blog, right? Thanks for all those who gave me your input in the poll. I think I will call him henceforth Atticus. Yes, I know it wasn't the actual winner, but I'm the mom and, according to my SiL Brooke, I get a million votes. I was hesitant to do it b/c I have two friends who actually have little Atticuses, but hey, I also have two friends who have boys with little baby's real name, so that has never stopped me before.
So, what to say about the last 12 weeks? I could write a sweet letter to Atticus, and maybe I will one day, but right now I can still barely think straight. Just this morning I tried to put my left shoe on my right foot. I don't think I've done that since I was about four years old. So, let's just say it takes me a little longer to get my thoughts collected.
But speaking of collections, I thought it might be fun to mention some of the things I have done on my maternity leave. I have friends who call this a babymoon, and it certainly is a wonderful time to get adjusted to my new life and to get to know this little soul who chose me as his mom.
Ready? Here we go:
1. Took two airplane flights in which I changed two diapers on the back of toilet seats (the flight attendant told me there were no changing tables!)
2. Walked three times to the California beach
3. Weeded and mulched five flower beds
4. Enjoyed excellent meals provided by family and friends
5. Ate out 12 times with baby in tow (counting our trip to CA)
6. Cleaned up basement to eliminate one junk room
7. Created a baby-safe downstairs family/play room
8. Organized--a bit--the final remaining junk room, went through all boxes and made DI run
9. Walked Thanksgiving Point Gardens twice and Red Butte Garden once
10. Watched 25+ movies - I could provide the titles, but really, isn't the number shocking enough?
11. Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D - with Atticus
12. Spent one evening a week at my mom and dad's while Kevin was in class
13. Had a weekend evening out at Stina and Dave's
14. Attended book club
15. and the Mormon Women Writer's tour
16. Organized the baby blessing
17. Had two family photo shoots
18. Visited my cute pg sister three days in the UC
19. Read one book of poetry, five non-fiction books, three novels and started two more
20. Took naps many days
21. Went walking or running most days
22. Had several heavenly therapeutic massages
23. Sang in an Easter production of Handel's Messiah
24. Began to make a few changes to eating more healthy and organically
25. Healed from four infections and childbirth
26. Spent endless hours nursing. organizing, housekeeping, and did I say nursing?
So what's next? Getting back into work, maintaining daily exercise, and perhaps finally getting on that first date with Kevin that's baby free.



8 comments:
he is so cute and what a geat philopher he can be
Whew! That list is impressive! I'm glad you had such a productive and fulfilling 12 weeks! I've heard of the term babymoon before as well, but it was in regards to a vacation that a couple takes before the baby is born.
Stina - I hadn't heard of that. I just looked on Wikipedia, and it says both, or that a babymoon was first taking time off work to bond with the baby, but more recently vacation companies have used the term to promote pre-birth vacations. Don't worry - we got one of those too in December. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babymoon
Wow--I'm exhausted just reading that list--and I feel a little lazy. Well done!
Wow, you had some really great bonding time. I'm impressed.
I'm glad you picked Atticus. That is the name I liked the best.
I love the picture of Atticus at the end he looks so serious and cute!
I like Atticus for the name, and the real name of course. Happy blogging :)
You have had a great few weeks. I hope your transition back to work goes smoothly!
Oh, man, I was all excited cause I voted for Aslan. :) But you're right, you're the mum and what mum says is law. :)
Post a Comment