Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I had probably the best Valentine's Day ever yesterday. Kevin and I decided to grab some bacon-wrapped filets mignon and cook them up at home. Add sparkling cider, my favorite cranberry feta Costco salad, twice-baked potatoes, shrimp cocktail, camembert cheese and double lemon cream pie, and it was a candlelit dinner in heaven. We both dressed up, and listened to my new Jack Johnson CD, who reminds us of Hawaii and relaxation. It was an evening where we never had to look at the clock.

And, Kevin gave me what will likely end up being one of the best gifts I've ever received. This is a gift that says Kevin really knows me.

I hope you all had a great day too!

6 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

That evening sounds divine!
What a thoughtful gift and a delicious dinner. I'm glad you had a good Valentines. It's always nice to spend the day with your true love.

Rachel said...

Isn't amazing the happy moments that we can create right in our own homes? I can't wait to see the book.

Stina said...

Wow, I am impressed by your fancy meal! It sounds like it was delicious. I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really did it up tops. And the gift is great! But where are the pictures of the cute couple? I want to see, I want to see. :)

Hillary said...

I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day. The dinner sounds yummy. I don't know if I would dare cook my own filets. I would be too worried about over cooking them.

Shell said...

I have just tasted the cranberry costco salad on Friday, It is really good! It sounds like a divine evening!