Monday, July 07, 2008

Methodical Miscellany: Two Ideas

I discovered Jana's blog through Exponent, where I guest posted several months ago. I enjoy her nature photography--she has enviable close-up skills. There are two of her older posts that I think are really worth revisiting.

Maya Angelou on Forgiveness

Living Small

4 comments:

Stina said...

I love her Living Small post. One of my favorite living places ever will always be Dave and my tiny studio apartment in DC. It was barely 500 sq feet but I have the best memories of living in it.

(Random: my word verification for this comment is mrtaco, or as I read it, Mr. Taco. Ha ha ha! This heat must be getting to me.)

Anonymous said...

I liked the forgiving ourselves post... I need to think about that more. As for living small, welcome to my life! lol. I've been living in tiny flats for years... and moving and moving and moving my whole life, so chucking and readjusting and dejunking on a regular basis.
Heat, heat, heat!!! I'll come and take it! You can swap places with me, Stina! :)

Alisa said...

Ah, Heids, the grass is always greener, but you'll find out soon enough when you come our way.

Stina, I love the Mr. Taco thing. Wouldn't that be an awful job, to have to wear some hot, gross costume out on the street? That is not something I have the personality for.

Unknown said...

(Stina, I always get the weirdest things too, but that one is the best I have heard!)


Alisa, I love these posts. I was especially into the forgiving one. My sister and I did a few visualizations and techniques we read in a book about forgiving some people in our lives. It was really interesting and it felt healing in a way. As we did them yesterday, I thought, I want to tell this to Alisa.

I'll share it with you next time we get together, hopefully soon!