Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Twitter Type of Journal

I've noticed that between working two jobs and being in my third trimester, I have little time or energy for much else. Facebook has of late become my preferred form of social communication because it's shorter and easier to keep up on than blogging. And even then I'm not very good at keeping up on it.

But as I progress further along and begin to look forward to this baby, I want to have some way of recording my thoughts, intentions, and insights. Which is why I purchased a small one of these yesterday.

Kevin has one of these and often writes very short blurbs in it. He calls it "tweeting his journal," referring to Twitter, which allows updates that are 140 characters (I'm @BristleconePine, btw).

As far as journal writing goes, I think that's something I can do as well. Yesterday's was the first entry: After a remarkable weekend full of friends and family, I feel so much love and support. I decided that my problems are much easier to handle, and I'll take my own problems any day over those others must face.

4 comments:

Stina said...

Have you seen this?

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/02/24/122-moleskine-notebooks/

I hope you don't think I'm making light of your new journaling goals (which I think are great!) but this was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post. :)

Alisa said...

Oh no! I didn't know about that. *Sigh* It's true.

Four Winns said...

I never liked writing in journals because it took too long. That is why started using a small day planner as a journal. So instead of appointments (I have none) I just write a short paragraph about what happened. Plus, if I blog later it helps me remember what happen during the month. Good luck with yours!

Anonymous said...

The important thing is to write.