Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby Hungry, Baby Delicious

Every week I get an email from an infant formula company updating me on my baby's growth at his week of gestation. At first, he was as big as a pomegranate seed, then a grape. Later he was about the size of a small peach, then an orange.

They have to know what they're doing to the minds of me and pregnant women all over the country. Because my pregnancy has left me craving tart fruit and I am very susceptible to the power of suggestion, I can't but help feel the impressions of all these delicious fruits that are the same size as my baby. When I was sick with the stomach flu awhile back, the baby was about the size of a large grapefruit. And you know? Grapefruit was all I wanted to eat. Kevin was skeptical that it was the right sick food, but it was, and I ate the whole thing in about 10 minutes after not eating anything for days.

Last week the email said the baby is the size of a little pineapple. Can you guess what delicious fruit I've been craving all week? I'm thinking of nicknaming the baby "Little Pineapple."

4 comments:

Jenny and Al said...

I've read emails recently that say the same thing: size of a blueberry, kidney bean, grape, kumquat (who even knows what one looks like?) and now a fig. What on earth are they thinking?

Hillary said...

I never really thought of it that way. I guess it is good they say grape instead of candycorn.

I always crave fruit when I am expecting. Maybe this does have something to do with it.

Heidi said...

That's really funny. And cute. What are you going to do when your baby is the size of a small watermelon and watermelons are out of season? :)

Gav said...

I'd go with "Piny"