I don't have a lot of time or skill for crafts, but occasionally, sitting at a computer all day gets to me and I want to get around to actually doing something. So, this is something that's like my kind of craft.
Should I tell you the supplies cost me $4 and it took about four minutes to make? Hmmm. Wouldn't want to destroy the mystique... if there is any.
A couple of weeks ago, I borrowed a hat knitting kit from a friend of a friend. I signed up with a Christian group to knit hats for the homeless, so I decided to make these youth hats. I've also made a couple of baby hats (one pictured on the right) for keeping or giving away. It feels good to actually *make* something for service with my hands, and it works very well for making me feel like I can get something done while I unwind.

4 comments:
Great crafting! I'm impressed by the hats you made! In my search for my next great hobby, I am intrigued by embroidery... I don't know if I want to invest too much time and money into it yet though, but it is something that has piqued my interest (more so than sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, etc which I've already dismissed).
You are so crafty. I always knew you had it in you!
Wow! I'm usually not much of one for crafts, but I really like both of those!
And thanks for your continued support and excitement for my little PhD happinesses... :)
You are superciliously crafty!!! Good job.
Post a Comment