Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hi-Ho, Anybody Home?


Growing Hearth, Red Butte Garden

Matt mentioned campfire songs recently, and it made me think about two things. First, there's been a serious lack of campfires this year, and second, I love autumn-sounding songs like "Hi-Ho, Anybody Home?" and "Have You Seen the Ghost of John?". Great rounds.

I'm also thinking about Halloween. I suppose it would be pretty inappropriate to don a prairie dress and do up my hair like a polygamist? It's a shame. I could totally pull that off.

5 comments:

Stina said...

do it! do it! :)

Unknown said...

I agree!!!! Only in Utah is that going to be the beautiful costume that it is!!!


What can I be?


i can't decide!


I don't know these rounds, we should sing them...by that I mean, you should sing them for me.

Jessica Steed said...

Alisa,
You could totally get away with looking like a polygamist, but I don't think you could get away with acting like a polygamist.
As soon as you open your mouth with your fiery feminist ranting, they'd know you were a wolf in sheep's clothing :)
Still, if I were there, we could be the feminist polygamist sisters.

Anonymous said...

meat nor drink nor money have I none, yet will I be merry... :)
That would be absolutely HILARIOUS. I would love to see you pull it off, and you totally could! Yeah, bonfires, hayrides, corn mazes... county fair and state fair! :) It's come and gone. It hasn't been cold enough for some of them yet though. It needs to freeze! But not til the harvest is done back home.

paulsharol said...

sitting round the campfire telling ghost stories and singins is fun