Kevin and I gave ourselves this Saturday off to run up to White Pine Lake with my dad and brothers. And thanks to everyone who asks about my dad. He's still doing great (as you will see). Keep your prayers, good thoughts, and sun salutations coming.
All of the June rain obviously did the canyon good because I was absolutely stunned by how green everything was. The wildflowers are just coming out.
Here's looking across to the twin peaks area.
And, speaking of all that rain, it rained on us too. Yes, that is a garbage bag over my dad's head and sticking out asymmetrically over one shoulder. While we took this picture he was saying, "And this is my daughter, Alisa. We're related." Very funny, Dad. Maybe that's why I'm making a fist. That or the cold.
And speaking of cold, it's always fun to cross a snowy moonscape just after the rain has made it all nice and slippery.
And at last the lake, 10,100 feet. And another appearance of the garbage bag poncho.

6 comments:
I'm glad to see you had such a good time. And that your dad is still holding up.
Beautiful! I keep remarking every time we are out and about how green the mountains are, even in the middle of the summer, this year. I love it! And it must have been so nice to actually feel COLD now that it's gotten so hot these days. Glad you had a nice time with your dad and brothers and Kevin!
Your Dad is a cute as a button. So glad he is feeling well. And the mountains are beautiful.
THe poncho makes me laugh, as well as his teasing. I'm glad he is feeling great.
That was a great hike. I'm glad you and Kevin were able to come.
rain and snow what A mix
Post a Comment