Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little more detail

This last week has been wonderful to hear from so many friends and family with the announcement of my pregnancy. Thank you for being so supportive at this time of transition for our family, even though if any of you think like my siblings, you were probably expecting we'd get another cat first.

We are so excited to have our new little one joining us around the third week of January, and I am peaceful and content to be planning for our little independent-spirited Aquarius (yes, without anything else to tell me about my baby, I've turned to astrology). I had a very pleasant first trimester with only several days of annoying sickness. Motion sickness seems to amplify things, and while some of this has carried over to the second trimester, I am hopeful it will subside soon.

Mostly, I'm grateful that with a little snacking and an evening nap, I've been able to keep up with a crazy summer schedule. Speaking of that, I have a pile of grading crying out for my attention, so more to come later.

6 comments:

Raderstorf Family said...

This is so exciting! I just love babies. I wish I lived there so I could babysit for you! My son was born in January and he the sweetest soul I have ever known! Can't wait for more entries!

Stina said...

I look forward to more updates as your pregnancy progresses. I am so glad you've had an uneventful time so far. Hope your baby will be as mellow as your pregnancy!

Tracy said...

I'm so excited for another January Birthday! You and I know they are just the best people around...

Glad things are going well.

Heidi said...

I hope the little one jumps the due date by a week and gives you a super birthday present! :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the new little one is just a few short months. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Much love!

paulsharol said...

love dASIES