The flowers we have in our garden attract a lot of life—particularly bumble bees and hummingbirds. If we attracted more butterflies, I'd consider the fauna to be about perfect.
I just spent five minutes watching at least six hummingbirds drink and rest in my garden. From nearly the size of an insect to the size of a sparrow, it seems to me a miracle that these birds were created to hover and shift in the ways that they do. I thought about grabbing my camera, but you know, sometimes nature just wants to be observed by the human eye.

3 comments:
Agreed, I went on a beautiful hike this morning and had the thought more than once that I wished I had my camera...then I reminded myself to just take it in and enjoy the passing moment, one just like it wouldn't come again.
You seriously have the greenest thumb of anyone I know... that's a compliment! And you sure have an eye for and a way with the wee creatures as well. I need to get out more and practice being more like that.
Hummingbirds are my favorite bird. We had a feeder at my house growing up and when the feeder was empty the birds would fly up to the window and look in at us. It made us laugh that they knew where the food came from.
Post a Comment