Thursday, August 13, 2009

August Afternoons at Last

When I look at the xeric gardens we have, it's amazing to think they were ever anything but spectacular and huge. I remember this post I did last year when I was very frustrated that my garden was not coming along as I thought it might. Here are the pictures I posted.

Here it is in April 2008:

And in July 2008:

And here it is now (if you look you can see the blue polka-dot chicken):

It's almost in full bloom (the oregano is just starting to flower), but already it's covered in small orange-striped bumble bees.

And, just because a certain 17 lb, 8 oz cat always brightens my day, a garden view (with the other chicken on the far right), and Aja's wide belly.

Why does it look like she's scowling? Well, she's a cat. And I just made fun of her weight.

3 comments:

Stina said...

Your garden is blooming with life - just like you! Thanks for sharing the updated pictures. I love that you know the weight of your cat to the ounce. You have good practice being a mommy. The other two women I know who are due around the same time as you next January found out that they are both having boys -- can't wait to find out what you are having!

Heidi said...

Wow! I love it. Seriously - how do you do it? You are such a green thumb.
PS I think I'm going to re-read "Ethics and Infinity" next week while I'm in Canada... maybe I'll be able to read it slowly enough to get my head around it this time!

LuckyMatt said...

That is one primo, super-sized cat.