Incidentally, over one-third of all US households now house a little tiger.
14 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That's really cute. :) Did she try to catch any birds? Or was she just enjoying the power of not having to come down if she didn't want to? PS I think we ought to all start doing the Pippi Longstocking thing and make up new words for every word verification we get on this thing... some of them are really funny. We can even make up our own definitions! Utzizpz - verb. what one does to a pez dispenser after it has outlived its usefulness.
Phoebe is very intrigued by birds, but when they make noise, she gets really scared. Her favorite spot is right there in the doorway, with the safety of home and the curiousity for the outside world.
As far as what she's caught, she's brough out several things from underneath the refrigerator including old rubber bands and at least three very old grape stems. Oh the horrors that must be held there.
One of my little carnivores tried to eat a lizard that came in under our front doorjamb today. We got the lizard away before any fatalitites occurred, but I was pretty hysterical about all the blood it left in my front hallway and then I wouldn't let Ellycat kiss me for over 24 hours (although I did relent and let her sleep on my pillow because she is just so cute that way)
Oh Jana, I don't envy your experience. This is our first spring with an *active* sort of kitty (Aja never has really chased birds), and I hope that I don't have to witness any violence. It's hard enough cleaning up after mother birds who push their babies out of their nests.
Bristlecone pines are thousands of years old, perched on cliffs in harsh, windy deserts. Gracefully declaring their permanent hold on the essentials, these pines stand witness to a multitude of natural experiences.
I stand here like the bristlecone, clinging to the edge of the cliff, an old soul witnessing the seasons of the earth.
14 comments:
That's really cute. :) Did she try to catch any birds? Or was she just enjoying the power of not having to come down if she didn't want to?
PS I think we ought to all start doing the Pippi Longstocking thing and make up new words for every word verification we get on this thing... some of them are really funny. We can even make up our own definitions!
Utzizpz - verb. what one does to a pez dispenser after it has outlived its usefulness.
I like the new look!
she's a girl looking for a little entertainment.
It's good to see she has gotten comfertable with her new home. Maybe she will start teaching Aja some new tricks.
cats love to climb and sometimes they catch birds ask Tamra about Fang our cat we had in Cedar City love Aunt Sharol Uncle Paul enjoyed the videos
Cute little Phoebe. That tree is so perfect for a cat climbing tree/playhouse!
Phoebe the great hunter! Has she caught anything yet?
Phoebe is very intrigued by birds, but when they make noise, she gets really scared. Her favorite spot is right there in the doorway, with the safety of home and the curiousity for the outside world.
As far as what she's caught, she's brough out several things from underneath the refrigerator including old rubber bands and at least three very old grape stems. Oh the horrors that must be held there.
I kept expecting to see a dead bird in the final moments...with the CSI "bump-bump" sound effect. Kind of glad it didn't happen, though.
I was waiting for her to catch a bird. Our cats would leave us presents (i.e. dead birds) on our porches as if to say "see? Aren't I a good pet?"
Brooke--thanks for the compliment about the design. Do you think Matt minds the free advertising for his website (http://www.colorfulutah.com/)?
I like your new look, too, Lis!
One of my little carnivores tried to eat a lizard that came in under our front doorjamb today. We got the lizard away before any fatalitites occurred, but I was pretty hysterical about all the blood it left in my front hallway and then I wouldn't let Ellycat kiss me for over 24 hours (although I did relent and let her sleep on my pillow because she is just so cute that way)
Oh Jana, I don't envy your experience. This is our first spring with an *active* sort of kitty (Aja never has really chased birds), and I hope that I don't have to witness any violence. It's hard enough cleaning up after mother birds who push their babies out of their nests.
Post a Comment