Sunday, March 02, 2008

Interior Design Week: Retro Tablecloth

This last week the snow started melting, and it's just about time. The snow gets so dirty after sitting around for a few months. There's a snowbank outside my office that is entirely black with bits of trash in it. I hope it's gone when I go back. Well, enough of that.

Before I get to thinking about all the things I can do outdoors in the lovely weather, I feel I need to put the finishing touches on some things at home. I've decided to devote a week here to interior design. Yea! Won't that be fun? Come on, you know it will be.

This first post is about the Williams Sonoma tablecloth I had been dying to purchase since I first laid eyes on it. I found it when Kevin went to buy some dipping oil, and I got to roam around the store (dangerous habit of mine). I held off for over a week to make sure I really wanted it, but here it is, in my kitchen.


I just love this retro look. My kitchen "color" is green (all the linens, etc.), and I think in my older house it fits just perfectly.


4 comments:

Stina said...

Cute set! I think it looks perfect with your house. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store.

Anonymous said...

It is cute. Hmmm... if you're into retro, do you want to come and take away the carpet in the hallway of my flat? It puts a whole new spin on the word retro...

Shell said...

It looks really nice Alisa, Great find.

Rachel said...

I like it. I think it has the retro look with a touch of modern.