My senior seminar was on the PRB, and this painting is in one of my top 10 from that group. I love her stance. I can relate to that tired, achy, stretchy feeling.
She knows not what the curse may be
And so she weaveth steadily
My senior seminar was on the PRB, and this painting is in one of my top 10 from that group. I love her stance. I can relate to that tired, achy, stretchy feeling.
She knows not what the curse may be
And so she weaveth steadily
7 comments:
I love that you quoted from the Lady of Shallot. :) I like the picture, too.
The fallen leaves signal the winter yet to come,
And the ache in her back proves that she's half been undone.
Her dress is deep and blue reflecting of her heart.
And sad, she feels the weight of a life ne'er to start.
Oh woman, gentle girl and lady be still
And cry alone, in the dark, but don't bury your will.
(I wrote that just here, just now, just for you. Sorry it's so sad, that's just how it came out.)
My gosh, D'Arcy! I love it!
Uh, way to outshine any other possible comment now, D'Arce...
:)
It's beautiful (the picture and the poem).
I'm on a roll, what can I say! :)
Tennyson was just GOOD.
That is a beautiful painting. It really speaks, doesn't it?
Post a Comment