I've officially reached the half-way mark! They usually count this at 20 weeks, when they can identify the gender and when the baby gains more recognition medically and more rights legally (in many ways he's already considered a little person). However, we all know that the first two weeks of pregnancy are pre-conception, so I'd like to say that now at 21 weeks I've made it half way.
I've been wanting to write this for a while, but I got sick and everything had to go on hold. I'm feeling better now and getting my strength (as well as my nutrients and fluids) back, so here you go. For over a month I've been able to feel the little guy squirming around in there, which I hear is a little early for a first-timer. Strangers are starting to notice my belly, and I have realized a protective hand on the stomach does wonders to confirm their suspicions (and hopefully keep their hands away).
So, to celebrate this half-way mark, here's my first belly pic. It may not look like much, but when I visually measure from my belly button to my back, there is definitely something taking up a lot of space already. Here's to hoping I can keep up the routines of working, teaching, walking, and running for many weeks more.

9 comments:
Yay, congratulations! You look great. I'm glad you are feeling better. Another milestone I looked forward to was 24 weeks (when they say a baby can be viable out of the womb). It is not something you want to necessarily think about, but comforting to know still.
That is so fun that you can feel him moving around! Kevin will love it when he can feel him from the outside!
I'm so excited for you! You guys are going to have such a cute little guy! That's really cool that you can already feel him moving around.
So fun. I'm so glad things are going well, except for being sick. Good luck keeping everything going! I'm running out of steam and I'm only teaching studying. I can't imagine how much energy you're expending at the moment. Send me some of it!!
You look great!! The second trimester is the best time..you will get your energy back and not feel so hungry all the time! Good luck, and keep up with these posts I love them!
Cute belly pic! I'm glad you are feeling better. Mom said that you found some great baby things over the weekend! Yay! I'm excited for you.
When we saw you last week it was fun to see you were starting to show. I'm glad things are going well for you. With the Holidays just around the corner he will be here before we know it :)
Happy, happy, happy. I'm glad you're feeling good; you're definitely looking good!
Hot mama! Pretty soon it will be YOU who's lookin' so good in a hospital gown :o)
wow a baby boy all the last ones have been girls this would make Grandpa McArthur very happy Tamara and Ron and Tracy came to Las Vegas for Megans wedding hope you feel better
Post a Comment