Monday, September 21, 2009

Peaceful Equinox

To celebrate the last day of summer, I went running during the beautiful and cool evening. This was followed by a sweet kiss in the driveway as we watched this sunset and took inventory of our summer roses that are still in bloom.

The equinox seems significant this year. I'll enter this dark half of the year and emerge at the next equinox quite changed with a new addition to my life. There's something very grounding and earthy about pregnancy that places me and my body with the seasons. That inspires a certain trust in time and the process of nature. So while I see summer slipping away before my eyes, I can look ahead to wondrous events and know that, in only a few blinks of an eye, golden rays will again paint the sky and touch the roses in my garden.

2 comments:

LuckyMatt said...

The equinox is one of the best days of the year, because it ushers in my favorite season of all. The Fall/blend-into-Christmas season is one long string of happy traditions after another, and having a baby due at the end of it could only boost the joy of it. Here's to great months up ahead!

Unknown said...

I saw this sunset, it was amazing and fleeting and beautiful.