It's 7:45 p.m., and the snow and rain have ceased enough that I am able to take inventory of my spring garden before twilight completes its magic.
And to my amazement: peach blossoms!
As I look at these blossoms on my peach tree, I reflect on my thoughts of canning and cobbler while we planted this tree last autumn. As I look at these tenderly blooming buds, I realize these blossoms will bear fruit in early autumn.
Each turn of the day, each moment of the seasons mean so much more to me now, knowing that our time here with loved ones is limited. But I hope there will always be time for peaches.

3 comments:
You have a peach tree? How did I not remember that? Or know it... I guess I don't know what fruit trees look like.
I hope you're doing all right. I have a small inkling of a small portion of what you and your family are going through right now.
we had a preach tree for several years and it overloaded and split then it had some disease so it was fun
auunt Sharol & Uncle Paul
Those are beautiful peach blossoms. Mmmm peach pie!
Post a Comment