Sunday, April 19, 2009

Favorite Places

This is one of my favorite places, where I had the pleasure of hiking this weekend with my dad and my husband, two of my favorite men.

This is from Devil's Garden, which I have decided is my most favorite hike anywhere. The three of us hiked out to my family's old backcountry camping spots, our secret arch, and the breakfast rock that we used to salute the rising sun when living out of our backpacks.

And, if you're craving more detail, sense, and emotion about this place, you can read my personal essay on it here.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So cool. I'm glad it's the right time of year for you to be getting out and doing that kind of stuff again. I'll be going hiking myself next weekend. Just up Rock Canyon, but I'm excited about it.

Jenny and Al said...

Nice picture! We wish we could have been there, too. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Heidi said...

I hope you read this - I just wanted to let you know that I was grading a student essay today on Margaret Cavendish, and the student totally quoted your thesis!!! :) It was great. It made me smile to think of you.

Hillary said...

I'm glad you had a nice time. There are so many great places to hike especially in Southern Utah. I need to get my kids down there more.

paulsharol said...

Devils garden is a place like no other