Last night I went on a short jog to celebrate two days of sunshine in a row. The weather has been so beautiful and fresh after days of rain and snow. I’m hoping to post some pictures of my garden tulips soon – if they would only show themselves.
I jogged past a bird-themed restaurant. To my amusement, there was a person in a bird suit outside the restaurant waving at cars. Now, I always think that wearing a costume on the street would be a humiliating job. It reminds me of the Pepsi commercial with the girl in the hot dog suit. How degrading.
Photo credit: slopjop
The bird waved at me, and I waved at the bird. As I jogged past, the bird walked in the opposite direction behind me. Then all of the sudden, I noticed the bird was right next to me, jogging in sync. It’s hard to be out of breath and laughing so hard at the same time. It also made me realize how slow I am, that someone in a bird suit can keep pace!
And if you want more chicken suit fun, check out the subservient chicken from Burger King. (Yes, I know it's old. But how long has it been since you visited?)


8 comments:
That's pretty funny. And also slightly creepy.
Hehe, what a funny story! I bet you made that chicken's day!
So did the chicken make you want to eat chicken? Just wondering if the advertising works.
I'm laughing. I kind of like it that they (mascot types) don't ever say anything.
BTW, I'll get to meet you at the next retreat, right?
So do you now know the answer to the deeply philosophical question "Why did the chicken cross the road?" :)
So a chicken mascot jogging next to you makes me laugh. How great is that?
I just read this post to April and we were totally laughing. It's really random and funny.
Hey, we need to hang out soon!
Awesome!
Alisa, a person in a bird costume was jogging next to you?
I would pay to see that.
It's always nice to have a laugh like that, though, isn't it?
Post a Comment