Saturday, June 20, 2009

Caprese

Every summer, I become absolutely convinced I could eat this salad every day for dinner.

Flickr photo credit: StormySleep

  • Tomatoes
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt
  • Freshly-ground pepper
  • Mozzarella cheese

And were're going to have a lot of tomatoes, both traditional and heirloom, this year. Thank you, rainy June, for making them grow like crazy.

7 comments:

Stina said...

You forgot an essential ingredient - fresh basil!

I bet your tomatoes taste deeelicious!

Heidi said...

Send me a box of fresh tomatoes for my birthday. Haha. OK, so that's not for another several months...

Jessica Steed said...

Looks delicious.
I have all the ingredients (my organic basil plant is overgrown!) except mozzarella.
I wonder if Costco shredded cheddar would be a good substitute?

;)

Brooke said...

I am similarly obsessed with this combination. Recently I had it toasted on a baguette with artichoke hearts. Delish!

paulsharol said...

yummy did you melt the cheese and use some fresh ground pepper

Shell said...

This is one our favorite treats too!

Unknown said...

Very delicious! Yum! I miss basil!