Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Embarrassing Personal Confession

Jessica does Embarrassing Personal Confession features on her blog, which are always fun to get the juicy tidbits of her life (gray hair!). I'm not saying I would make this a repeat feature on my blog, but seriously, I've got something embarrassing to confess. But it's probably not very juicy.

It's not enough that in our marriage we've had two hamsters, two cats, a frog (that came into the marriage from my sophomore year in college), and a beta fish. The fact is, I love pets. And I love to look at all the pets on Craigslist. If it doesn't have a picture, I won't look at it. Also, I won't look at it if it's not a local listing - even though I don't really want another pet!

I just think animals are so cute. Look at this baby chinchilla, now available for adoption here in Utah:

I bet it's even cuter when it spins around in a tub of ashes to clean itself off. Early in their marriage, Jessica and Mark used to have a chinchilla, and an ash bath was one of the funniest things I ever saw. *Sigh.*

7 comments:

Stina said...

Awww that is a super cute chincilla!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I've always wanted a chinchilla, in fact we almost got one when I was growing up. But alas, my pets are going to have to wait. Just so you know, in case you read my blog post on cats, I don't hate them. I love animals, I just don't like the waste problem.

jana said...

I've been wanting a chin for quite some time. But we're already at our pet limit (3 kitties), unfortunately....

Alisa said...

Heidi, definitely no offense to your post about offensive cat poo. Our neighbor's cat does that over here on occasion as well. And, just 10 minutes ago, we found that our youngest cat had an accident in our basement where her litterbox used to be (key phrase is "used to"). Kevin is a good, good man to clean up after that animal.

And that's the downside to pets.

Jessica Steed said...

Aww, Lis!
You remember our chinchilla?
Did you remember that Mark named her Jezebelle?

He sold her back to a pet shop after we'd had for for about 2 years.

But, she was pretty cute.

Heidi said...

Why was that embarrassing?

paulsharol said...

years ago we visited a Chincilla Farm