Thursday, June 18, 2009

A little xeric gardening

Kevin and I have his and hers flowerbeds. I don't know how it worked out the way it did, but one of us would come up with a plan for a particular spot in the yard, and the other one would be OK with that.

This is Kevin's water-wise and native plant bed, chosen around our lamppost where he ripped out the lawn because the sprinklers never hit there. Beautiful, if you ask me. And I didn't even pull up any weedy-looking early penstemons or poppies this year.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

haha!! I totally love that you, of all people, have gender-segregated flower beds! :) :)

Stina said...

Heidi's comment is funny. :)

It looks beautiful! I'm so glad to see the fruits of your labors blooming. I remember when you guys just started on this endeavor and now you get to enjoy!

Jenny and Al said...

Wow! I can't wait to see your yard this weekend!

Michael said...

Nice work madman, nice work!
you da man!

paulsharol said...

cool garden its hard to raise one in Las Vegas