There's nothing like literally getting away from it all. With no phone or Internet access, I realize how liberating it is to be tied only to the ocean, to a refreshing beverage, and to good conversations or good beach reads on the cool Caribbean sand (yes, the sand doesn't get hot there!).
What we've been up to:
Enjoying our balcony view of the ocean (free room upgrade - I love the off season!)
Eating delicious French and Italian cuisine oceanside (real pizza and crepes) with friendly Frenchies for Kevin to talk to
Kayaking, snorkeling (sea turtle and barracuda), and water games, followed by pina coladas served right on the beach
Breathtaking cacti views on our hike to the secluded beach (which several tourists made into a "very French" beach - until 20 jet skis and a party boat showed up)
A hike through the rain forest in flip flops and beach clothes (fortunately, with herbal bug repellent)
View of the French side from Chewbacca Rock
Kevin's massive order at a French bakery (shot taken about halfway through lunch - the foot long panini didn't last more than a few minutes)

11 comments:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and got to relax a little. Was it better than Hawaii?
Very different than Hawaii. The sand is cooler and the water warmer (which is saying a lot b/c Hawaiian waters are amazing). There are a lot more parties going on in the Caribbean as well (different liquor laws). Narrower streets, crazier drivers, and only bottled water to drink. But very chill, very nice.
The beach looks so beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a good time.
When I make it to France my lunch will be similar to Kevin's. Tasty!
Looks like you had a wonderful time! I am so nostalgic for our Caribbean vacation - I vow to return there someday! Can't wait to compare notes and see more pics and videos from your vacation!
Looks like so much fun!!! I want to go to Chewbacca Rock, lol!
How is it that we talked yesterday for an hour and I didn't hear about your trip?!!?
This looks so lovely.
You totally deserved a break like this. Wow. I want to go to France next year. You'll have to tell me all about it.
Lucky guys noting like sitting at the beach doing nothing glad you had a great time
Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.
Wonderful. I don't know what else to say. It looks, sounds, wonderful. I'm glad you had fun.
I am Jealous! I love that place. We went there on a cruise, it was beautiful, and we did get to see both sides :). Very fun!
Beautiful colors in the photos. I'm glad you had so much fun.
Post a Comment