Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Pie Month Survived

Flickr photo credit: thepriapisticpress


As my regular readers know, I have a little issue with pie. I really like pie. A lot. In fact, I lied. I flat-out love pie.

So, it's no small feat that Kevin and I have survived this Marie Calendar's pie month by eating only two pies: razzleberry and lemon cream cheese.

Of course, we've had strawberry shortcake, strawberry crepes, and I bought a million of these cute little Haagen Dazs containers of strawberry ice cream. Because they were on sale. Yes, just because of a sale. Hmmm. Strawberries sound good right now... on something. Like strawberry ice cream.

Maybe I should make a post label for pie. That's definitely more common, on my blog anyway, than the Blogger suggested "scooters, vacation, fall." Scooters don't have nothin' on pie here at Bristlecone Pine.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys seriously only ate 2 pies?! I am very, well... flabbergasted! :-D What happened to your pie-eating capabilities??

Stina said...

I am shocked as well! :) Although all those delicious strawberry treats sound very tempting... (I bought the little Haagen Dazs containers on sale too!)

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Obviously I am a new follower of the blog, but can you pick one favorite pie?

Alisa said...

It really is tough to say, Heidi. Especially since cream pies and fruit pies are so different. I think for fruit, it's definitely razzleberry. Best with vanilla bean ice cream.

Cream pies are harder for me to judge. I love the lemon cream cheese, kahlua cream cheese, and key lime. The german chocolate is also fabulous. Yeah... that's a harder category to decide on.

Unknown said...

I can't believe I missed pie month, but I think I made up for it in gelato consumption. My Italian ancestors would be proud!